Frequently asked questions from travellers
Is it easy to find a bike repair specialist?
- There are several mobile bike repair services offered along the route.
- You can sometimes find bike repair specialists at the market too.
- Bike rental businesses will also help you out generally, if they’re available.
- Otherwise, you will doubtless spot at least one of France’s participatory community bike workshops on your journey, in Saint-Brieuc, Cherbourg, Le Havre, Dieppe, Calais and elsewhere. They will probably be able to help you out.
Is it easy to fill my water bottle or find a toilet along the way?
- You can view where the drinking water points and toilets are on this map by checking the corresponding boxes (data from OpenStreetMap).
Tip: use the website’s geolocation tool (icon on the lower right-hand side) to help you.
- Hoali’s #Gourdefriendly 💧 (bottle refill) map displays public drinking water points and #Gourdefriendly establishments – bars, restaurants, shops, hotels... These establishments will refill your water bottle for free! (You can download an app too.)
- And don’t forget: every cemetery in France has one or more taps!
The route’s best addresses
- 🍅 Markets – discover local specialities and stock up on good food
- 🥤 Places to eat and drink – enjoy refreshments and tasty food with a four-star view
- 🍺 Brasseries – a French classic
See the Vélomaritime’s best addresses (content in French)