Renting a bike is a great solution for:
- discovering cycle touring
- ensuring your bike is in good condition and well equipped
- groups needing additional equipment
- those wanting an alternative to transporting their bike on the train
Bespoke one-way rentals
Ideal for cycle touring, one-way rental lets you hire a bike from your starting point (on-site or via a delivery service) and leave it at your end destination. Several bike renters offer this type of service along the Vélomaritime route. Don’t forget to book well in advance. Most of the renters offer traditional and electric bike rentals, along with all the equipment (saddle bags, helmets, etc.). Make sure you tell them exactly what you need when you book.
Covering the entire route or most of it
- Les Trouvillaises offers to deliver and pick up your bikes along the entire cycle route.
- Vélo Emeraude in Saint-Malo and La Station du Vélo 59 in Dunkirk offer bike rentals for the Dunkerque <> Saint-Malo itinerary, with the possibility of leaving the bike at Mont-Saint-Michel.
In Brittany and Normandy
- Nord Ouest has a bike delivery service in Brittany
- Balade Bike offers delivery of bikes under certain conditions in the Côtes d'Armor department.
- The Vélos Bleus deliver bikes for groups, above a set number, between Roscoff and Honfleur
- From May to September, Abicyclette Voyages can deliver bikes in Brittany to Saint-Lô and Caen, starting from 2 bikes and for at least 5 days.
- Loc Vélo delivers bikes from Dieppe in Normandy to Saint-Malo in Brittany, starting from 2 bikes.
- Vélo Emeraude has a delivery service, starting from 2 bikes, along the whole cycle route, with a return to St Malo / Le Mont-Saint-Michel or surroundings.
Veloc'Ouest offers a bike delivery and pick-up service between Roscoff, Carentan and Caen.
In Normandy and Hauts-de-France
- Vél'Omaha offers you the possibility of cycling the 50 km separating Port-en-Bessin from Isigny-sur-Mer in one or several goes by hiring a bike at one of its partner rental points and dropping it off at another.
- Coffe Bike Normandie delivers bikes on request in Seine-Maritime up to Baie de Somme
- Opale Vélo Services offers a bike delivery and pick-up service between the Bay of the Somme and Dunkirk (and even up to Ostende if you continue on the EuroVelo 4 route to Belgium).
Renting a bike on the cycle route
There are bike rental services in most of the towns on the route.
It is really worth renting side bags when renting a bike. They are very practical for carrying clothes and a picnic, even for a day trip. Some bike renters also provide trailer rentals or third wheel trailer bikes for your children.
Explore The Vélomaritime® for a day on an electric bike
Does cycling up hills worry you? Why not try renting an electric pedal assist bike?
How to find them